Saturday 3 March 2012

New England Revolution

I used to have the sports package to my telly which enabled me to watch MLS games, but when a competitor bought the rights to England's Premier League, I simply had to switch subscription.

Anyway, I think the Major League Soccer has potential. In a few years, it could easily become a big sport in the US, not just cos the US is a country full of ethnicities that worship soccer, but also cos it's so cheap. It's like basket ball, anyone can play it if you only got a ball.

As I am a former skinhead (with tattoos and everything) and still someone who claims the straight edge (which means I don't drink, don't do drugs and don't hump around), I am a fan of all thing Bostonian, thanks to bands like Slapshot, DYS, Negative FX, Last Rights, The FUs, Stars & Stripes, The Bruisers and The Freeze. Therefor, as I already am a fan of the Boston Red Sox, it came natural to me to become a New England Revolution fan. (Though I am a fan of New York Islanders in the NHL and the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL - don't ask!)

Now, I lack tv coverage of the MLS, so what to do?

Easy, get on the internet! As someone who takes the commandment "Thou shalt not steal" literally and buys all the records I review, I simply cannot tell people to get onto bootleg streaming. But guess what, you don't have to!

It's easy to follow The Revs on their own youtube channel, as well as the MLS. Here's coverage of the Revs game versus LA Galay, a pre-season thingy.

Let's all hope and pray that the Revs go all the way this season and win the great bloody thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment