Friday 3 February 2012

Super Bowl and Taylor Swift

Lately, I've been listening manically to Taylor Swift's tune Ours. Last time I utterly enjoyed pop culture that much was when Amy Winehouse exploded onto the public space in 2006 or whenever that was.

Now, don't you call me a dirty old man. I ain't that old for starters and I am not that attracted to her anyway. It's her music I like. I think her performance of the song Ours at the 2011 CMAs stood out enormously and it reminded me of a young version of another favourite female vocalist of mine, namely Emmylou Harris.

I am definitely going to check out more stuff by miss Swift and you should too if you haven't already.

Are you going to watch the Super Bowl this year, dear reader? I think I am going to make a try at it with loads of coffee. As I live in Sweden, television coverage here doesn't start untill midnight. Luckily, I work afternoons/evenings and can start working at 2.30 pm, so I should be able to watch and still catch some sleep.

My favourite team in the NFL is the Steelers and, as you probably know already, they ain't playing. I'm left with the choices of the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. As a former skinhead and as someone who still got the straight edge, I have always liked Boston cos of the great straight edge hardcore bands that have come from that city. I freakin love the band Slapshot. And the FUs. So, it's the Pats for me this Sunday night (or, technically, Monday morning).

Whoever wins and whoever you're a fan of, let's hope for a good, clean, game and a sportsman's spirit from both teams. Here in Sweden, you wouldn't be able to have a game of that magnitude with two archrivals like the Giants and the Pats without hooliganism and policemen everywhere.

I might have a few non alcoholic beers too and some snacks.

And oh, on Tuesday, I'm off to get a tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment